Upon completion of this activity, the learner should be able to:
- Assess ways to improve training in order to make sound clinical decisions.
- Recognize the benefits of effective communication in a multidisciplinary team setting to advance the care of dialysis patients.
- Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of different dialysis options for patients who need renal replacement.
- Identify risks and benefits of peritoneal and hemodialysis.
- Compare traditional and nontraditional approaches for arteriovenous access creation and intervention.
- Determine how best to make clinical decisions for patients with thoracic central vein obstruction (TCVO).
- Discuss factors that contribute to patient safety during dialysis access surgery and catheter-based intervention.